1 Smartermail User Configuration and Access
Information in this guide will give you a basic understanding of setting up access to your Email mailbox hosted on a Smartermail server. You may view your mailbox using 3 modes of access, which includes the following:
a. Microsoft Outlook client (supported versions are Outlook 2007 and newer).
b. Webmail access via using a standard web browser.
c. IOS or Android accesses for smart devices such as phones and tablets.
Please see below for your preferred mode of access.
1.1 Microsoft Outlook Client Configuration
1. In Outlook, go to File and click on the Info tab.
2. Click Add Account.
3. In the Add Account window, select Manual Setup or additional server types and click Next.
4. Select POP or IMAP and click Next to continue.
5. Enter your POP and IMAP Account settings as provided by your Email Service Provider as shown in the example below and then click on More Settings.
6. In Internet E-mail Settings enable the option My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and then click OK to proceed.
7. Click Next and then Click Finish in the next window to complete the configuration.
Note A working Internet connection is required for this step to complete successfully. If your login details are rejected please verify the entered information and make corrections as required.
1.2 Web Access
The simplest way to view your mailbox is by accessing using a standard Web Browser. There is no configuration required for web access.
1. To open your mailbox open your Internet Web Browser and enter the URL: mail.domainname
2. Enter your login information as provided by your Email Service Provider and click on Login.
3. When you login for the first time you will need to select your Time Zone and Country location.
4. Once you have successfully logged in your will be presented with a view of your mailbox as shown below.
5. To manage your mailbox Settings and to change your mailbox Password click on the gear icon at the top of the screen and select Settings as shown in the screen below.
Click on Save once done.
Please ensure you set a complex password for your account to prevent any unauthorized use of your account. For best practice please select a password that meets the following criteria:
a. Password must have a length of 8 characters or more.
b. Password must have a combination of lower and uppercase characters.
c. Password must include at least one numeric character and symbol eg. #,$!